BEFORE SENDING ME YOUR WORK:
· You must check that your university allows you to use a professional proofreader.
Some universities have very strict rules.
· You will need to confirm to me that your supervisor knows that you are using a
· You must make me aware of any rules that your university expects proofreaders to
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
Amendments using Tracked Changes in Microsoft Word so that you can accept or reject each change individually.
I will improve your text by making the following types of language corrections:
· correcting spelling, grammar and punctuation in the main text, tables, figures and
footnotes, endnotes and appendices
· correcting typographical errors (typos)
· correcting or highlighting incorrect word use (e.g. too/to)
· removing inconsistencies in spelling, punctuation, tenses, formatting and style
· highlighting a sentence or paragraph that is overly long, complex or ambiguous
· pointing to formatting errors
· highlighting repeated content
· pointing to errors in labelling diagrams or figures
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
· This is not an essay-writing service. Your essay, dissertation or thesis must be your
· I will not alter content unless it is an error mentioned in the previous list as being
· I will not advise on structure or content, rewrite text or reduce word count.
· I will not check the accuracy of content e.g. fact-checking, checking that your
argument is sound.
· I can not check whether calculations/formulae, references/citations are correct.
· I will not apply formatting guidelines (e.g. heading styles, margins) from scratch.
I can not guarantee that your grades will be improved by using my proofreading services. I aim to improve the language of your work; you are responsible for the academic content of your work. The mark that you are awarded by your academic institution is not within my control, and I am not legally responsible if your mark is not as you expected.
You are responsible for keeping to your university’s guidance on proofreading. If you do not keep to these rules, there could be very serious consequences.
The deadline for submission is your responsibility. When booking a proofreading service, you should make sure to leave plenty of time to allow for a final read-through of the returned proofread document before the submission deadline is due. I take no responsibility for any missed deadlines due to the turnaround time required.
You will usually be expected to keep copies of all draft material given to your proofreader, showing your original draft, and all annotations suggested by the proofreader in case university staff ask to see them.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please contact me and I will be happy to help.
After working on a dissertation or thesis for weeks on end, it can be difficult to spot errors. I help native and non-native students so that, when you submit your work, it is to the highest possible standard.
Writing in a second language is extremely challenging, especially when writing to a university standard. If English is your second language and you are worried about your grammar and sentence structure, I can review your writing to ensure that it reads in a confident, academic style.
'I have made this letter longer because I have not had the time to make it shorter.' Blaise Pascal